This recipe for dark chocolate dipped candy cane s’mores is really really easy to make. These s’mores have it all. The marshmallow filling is a combination of toasted marshmallow and marshmallow fluff/creme. The toasted marshmallow add a hint of smokiness every s’more needs. The marshmallow filling is nice and gooey. The graham cracker adds the crunch needed to compliment the gooey texture of the marshmallow. A little bit of the crushed candy cane goes a long way. If your a fan of peppermint you can load the top of these with candy cane pieces. The dark chocolate coating engulfing the graham cracker and marshmallow wraps up the three essential s’more elements. The combination of chocolate and peppermint tastes similar to the holiday favorite, peppermint bark.
- 15 graham crackers, split in half
- 30 marshmallows
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff/crème
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- 1 pound dark chocolate dipping chocolate
- Adjust an oven rack to the highest position. Turn your oven to broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with tin foil and stand the marshmallows on end. Put the marshmallows in the oven and let broil for 10-15 seconds. Keep your eye on the marshmallows as they will burn quickly. The tops will be done when golden brown. Take the marshmallows out of the oven and flip to toast the other side. Put the marshmallows back under the broiler for 10-15 more seconds or until golden brown. Pour the toasted marshmallows in a medium mixing bowl. With a spatula, stir to break up the marshmallows. Add the marshmallow fluff/crème to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Take two pieces of graham cracker, on one spread the marshmallow mixture, and top with the second graham cracker to create a sandwich. Repeat until you have 15.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth. Let the chocolate cool slightly, about 10 minutes before dipping the marshmallow filled graham crackers.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Dip the graham cracker and marshmallow crème sandwiches into the chocolate coating all sides. Place the dipped s'mores on the piece of waxed paper. Repeat until you have 15 s'mores. Finally, sprinkle the tops of the s'mores with the crushed peppermint. Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate becomes firm to the touch, about 1 hour.